So, I have completed the superstructure! Also below are some images of the newly-designed GPS breakout, and a video of the outdoor lift test I made a week ago.
Video on YouTube
|Overall hovercraft. This has the skirt, decks, and superstructure all assembled. However, the rudders are currently held on by clamps, as the upper supports will not be glued until after the craft is painted, in the interest of a good bonding surface.|
|Testing out the rudders, with the fan running at medium speed. The rudders give a good amount of force when pushed into the airstream, so the craft should handle well.|
|Looking at the aft side of the thrust fan and rudders.|
|Gluing the rudder servo mounts.|
|Schematic for the GPS breakout, which takes my ET-102 v2.0 GPS engine bord and converts the four (TX, RX, PPS, and Reset) TTL-level signals to RS232-level. PPS will be used on DCD to maintain a local authoritative NTP server for accurate timestamps, while Reset is tied to DTR in case the xM needs to reset the GPS for any reason.|
|Board layout for the GPS breakout. The LED indicates the PPS signal, and ought to blink at exactly 1Hz.|